HAL THORNE – Legal: Real Estate & Business
EDUCATION & LICENSES:
- Southern Methodist University School of Law
- Licensed by State Bar of Texas since May 1975
- Licensed as Multi-Family Developer by Texas Department of Housing & HUD
- Practiced Law in The State of Texas since 1975, concentrating on Real Estate Law with affiliations as a fee office and escrow officer of numerous title companies.
- Closing attorney for HUD closings in North Texas during the 1990s. General Counsel for the North Texas Commission since 1982, and General Counsel for over 100 legal entities since 1975.
- Represented numerous clients in Entitlement Actions, Litigation, Zoning Issues.
- Contested Zoning cases before State and Municipal Boards, including the Texas Department of Housing, the Dallas and Fort Worth Housing Authorities, numerous City Councils, and Zoning & Planning Boards.
- Participated in Amicus Curiae Brief before the United States Supreme Court and Appellate work before the Texas Appellate Courts.
Real Estate Development
- Founder/Owner of One Prime LP and Suburban Residential LP, which entities developed numerous tracts of land (single family and multi-family) and commercial uses.
- Developed eight (8) multi-family projects, in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, with costs exceeding $120 million.
- Developed and built numerous single-family projects, including lot sales to national credit home builders.
- Partner with major developers in numerous large development projects.
Beaumont Plaza, Harrodsburg, Kentucky
Sunrise Mall, Corpus Christi, Texas
Palestine Mall, Palestine, Texas
Nolan River Mall, Cleburne, Texas
Northgate Mall, Lafayette, Louisiana
Cimarron Plaza Shopping Center, Stillwater, Oklahoma
Six Flags Mall, Hwy 360/Division, Arlington, Texas
Crossroads Mall, Albertville, Alabama
Elk City Shopping Center, Elk City, Oklahoma
Redmar Plaza, Ratcliff, Kentucky
Outlet Mall, Sulpher Springs, Texas
Outlet Strip Center, Sulphur Springs, Texas